Pages

Monday 23 May 2011

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages...

 ... because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.

And here's the other half of my only Orc's Drift related Lead Painters League entry - the first elements of the Vile Rune Tribe.


As I've always had liking for the old savage Orcs (and taken the tough decision not to use the 20 or so 90's era savages I have - don't quite fit with the older stuff) I thought I'd make the Vile Rune Orcs a tribe on the cusp of civilisation - relatively speaking!

As the 80's savages seem few and far between on Ebay (just missed a load tonight having said that!) the tribe will be a mix of those Orcs who follow the old ways with a few more progressive thinkers who can see the benfits of things like chainmail and iron weapons!

These are the first batch of savages - a few more to come before we get back into more familiar rusted up and armoured Orcy territory.









Thanks to Dolmot, a fellow LAF'er, who supplied several of these savages and the brilliant Orc wife below - think I'll christen her Boodika...



2 comments:

  1. Savage Orcs. Yay. I love Savage Orcs. I loved them even more when they were essentially berserkers with bows; there was something so very charming about that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah - I never quite got my head around giving berserkers bows myself!

    The next batch nears completion and one of them has a boomerang...

    ReplyDelete